6 tablespoons Plugrá® European-Style Butter, unsalted, room temperature
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 large shallot, chopped
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
12-14 pound turkey, neck and giblets reserved
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups chicken stock
1. Mix the first five ingredients in a bowl and keep at room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F.
3. Place turkey in a roasting pan and pull the skin away from the turkey.
4. Using your hands, rub the butter mixture all over the meat under the skin. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Place the neck and giblets and 2 cups of the chicken stock around the turkey in the pan. Roast for about 30 minutes.
6. Reduce the heat to 325°F and continue to cook until the internal temperature registers 175°F on a meat thermometer. Baste every 30 minutes. Cooking time should be around 3-1/2 hours.
7. When done, transfer the turkey to a platter and cover with foil. Allow to stand for 30 minutes before carving.